- NBCC (India) has received Letter of Intent (LoI) from Department of Customs and Excise, Government of India for Planning, Designing & Construction of 'Office complex and residential quarters at Customs Enclave Plot, Wadala, Mumbai' amounting to Rs. 3200 crore (approx) on self-revenue generation model.
- Power Grid Corp has started commercial operations of 1,500 Mw second pole of Champa-Kurukshetra high-voltage direct current line, which will improve power supplies to northern India. Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and adjoining areas would benefit from operationalisation of the second pole of the high voltage direct current (HVDC) power transmission link.
- Dr Reddy's Laboratories has received an Establishment Inspection Report (EIR) from the US health regulator for a unit of its Srikakulam plant in Andhra Pradesh.
- Zydus Cadilla has received final approval from the US health regulator to market indomethacin extended release capsules used in treating painful and inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. It will manufacture the drug at the Moraiya facility in Ahmedabad.
- Gayatri Projects has bagged an Rs 1,483-crore irrigation project in Telangana. The order is part of Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation project. This project is set to irrigate 18.47 lakh acres of land in various districts of Telangana and provide major boost to water intensive crops such as sugarcane and banana.
- Dabur has signed an agreement with Amazon to sell its range of herbal and ayurvedic products in the US, Canada and Mexico. Under this partnership, Amazon Global Selling Program will help Dabur sell 30 products from its popular range such as Vatika hair oil, Meswak toothpaste and Chyawanprash to the consumers in these countries.
- Hindustan Unilever plans to sell premium tea through its own portal, marking its entry into the ecommerce business in India. Until now, the country's largest consumer goods company has been selling its products online through marketplaces such as Big Basket and Amazon.
- Essar Ports said its Rs 830 crore expansion plan to almost double the iron ore handling capacity to 23 million tonne per annum (MTPA) at Vizag port is nearing completion. After completion of the project, the loading capacity will increase to 120,000 tonnes per day (TPD) from 70,000 TPD.
- NALCO plans to diversify into areas like green power, caustic soda and merchant mining, which are "immune" to downturns in the metal market.
- Reliance Capital is planning to launch a standalone health insurance venture. The company already offers health insurance products and the move to have a standalone offering is to increase retail presence in the already cluttered mediclaim segment.
Oil & Gas
- Reliance Industries has jumped five places to rank as the world's thirdbiggest energy company behind Russian gas firm Gazrpom and German utility E.ON, according to Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings.
Click here to read the full report
- GAIL Limited has approached the ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change for setting up a 1-million-tonne per annum capacity Greenfield Petrochemical Complex in East Godavari of Andhra Pradesh.