Country's fourth largest IT services exporter HCL Technologies started off the financial year 2016-17 on a strong note with January - March quarter earnings beating analysts' expectations on all parameters.
- Total revenue grew 30.9% in 12 months period ending Mar’17 as compared to 15.9% for 12 months period ended Mar’16
- Revenues from Mode 2 andMode 3 offerings together grew 30.9% in12 months period ending Mar’17 . The share of Mode 2 and Mode 3 revenues together stands at 18.6% for FY’17 , compared to 15.9% for 12 months period ended Mar’16
- Broad based growth across Verticals driven by Public Services at 31.3%, Retail & CPG at 21. 4%, Lifesciences & Healthcare at 11. 1%, Manufacturing at 17. 0%, Telecommunications, Media, Publishing & Entertainment at 5.8%,and Financial Services at 4.9% (on Constant Currency basis)
- Strong client addition: $5+ Mn clients up by 13, $10+ Mn clients up by 9, $20+ Mn clients up by 10, $40+ Mn clients up by 5, and $50+ Mn clients up by 6.
- Operating Cash Flow / Net Income conversion at 112%
- Announces Buyback programme of INR 3,500 Crore
- Announces dividend of Rs 6 per share, 57th consecutive quarter of dividend payout
- Return on Equity at 27%
- Revenue: FY'18 Revenues are expected to grow between 10.5% to 12.5% in Constant Currency
- Revenue Guidance is based on FY’17 (April to March) average exchange rates.
- The above constant currency guidance translates to 9.9% to 11.9% in USD terms based on March 31, 2017 rates.
- Operating Margin (EBIT): FY’18 expected Operating Margin (EBIT) range is from 19.5% to 20.5%.
- The Operating Margin guidance assumes USD-INR currency rate of $1=Rs. 65.5 and other currencies at FY’17 average exchange rate
REVENUE GROWTH FOR FY'17 IN CONSTANT CURRENCY
- Revenue grew by 13.7%.
- Broad based growth across all revenue segments:
- Americas and Europe grew by 14.8% and 15.0% respectively
- Driven by Infrastructure Services at 27 .4%, Engineering and R&D Services at 11.7% and Application Services at 5.9%.
- Vertical growth led by Public Services at 31.3%, Retail & CPG at 21.4%, Manufacturing at 17 .0%,
- Lifesciences & Healthcare at 11.1%, Telecommunications, Media, Publishing & Entertainment at 5.8% and Financial Services at 4.9%
Click here to read the full report
SMC Research, founded in 1990, is India’s leading share and stock broker, provides a wide range of financial services and investment solutions. A blend of extensive experience, diverse talent and client focus has made us the 4th largest broking house in India(Source: Dun and Bradstreet, 2008). Over the years, SMC has expanded its operations domestically as well as internationally. Existing network includes regional offices at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Cochin, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Bangalore plus a growing network of 2100+ offices spread across 425 cities/towns in India.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.