- Whirlpool of India Limited headquartered in Gurgaon, is one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of major home appliances in the country.
- The company achieved a turnover of Rs. 1114290 million for the 4th quarter of the FY 2016-17 as against Rs. 9347.30 million in the corresponding quarter of the previous year, an increase of 19.21%.
- During the quarter, net profit increased by 7.36% to Rs. 743.80 million from Rs. 692.80 million in the corresponding quarter ending of previous year.
- During the quarter, EBIDTA stood at Rs. 1413.90 million as against Rs. 1218.70 million in the corresponding period of the previous year, up by 16.02%.
- Profit before tax (PBT) stood at Rs. 1159.20 million in Q4 FY17 against Rs. 998.90 million in the corresponding quarter of the previous year, up by 16.05%.
- EPS of the company stood at Rs. 5.86 in Q4 FY17 against Rs. 5.46 in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- Whirlpool of India Ltd has recommended Final Dividend of Rs.3 per equity share of the face value of Rs. 10/- each (30%) for the financial year 2016-2017.
- Net Sales and PAT of the company are expected to grow at a CAGR of 16% and 19% over 2016 to 2019E, respectively.
OUTLOOK AND CONCLUSION
- At the current market price of Rs. 1193.10, the stock P/E ratio is at 40.73 x FY18E and 35.23 x FY19E respectively.
- Earning per share (EPS) of the company for the earnings for FY18E and FY19E is seen at Rs. 29.29 and Rs. 33.87 respectively.
- Net Sales and PAT of the company are expected to grow at a CAGR of 16% and 20% over 2016 to 2019E respectively.
- On the basis of EV/EBITDA, the stock trades at 20.92 x for FY18E and 17.85 x for FY19E.
- Price to Book Value of the stock is expected to be at 8.16 x and 6.63 x for FY18E and FY19E respectively.
- Hence, we say that, we are Overweight in this particular scrip for Medium to Long term investment.
Click here to read the full report
About Firstcall India Equity
Firstcall India Equity of Firstcall India Equity Advisors Pvt. Limited (FIEA), is a leading financial services provider in India and a SEBI Registered Category-I Merchant Banker. FIEA is a culmination of a credible Equity Research Capabilities, Long Standing Relationship with leading FIIs, DFIs, MFs, Overseas Pension Funds etc. The company’s research caters to the needs of the largest news wire and media houses of the world namely Reuters, Thomson, Capital IQ, Themarkets.com, Emerging Markets Euro money Publications-UK. The Company is among the major players in the Debt and Equity markets.
For more information please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The author has taken due care and caution to compile and analyse the data. The opinions expressed above are only the views of the author, and not a recommendation to buy or sell. Neither the author nor IndiaNotes.com accept any liability whatsoever arising from the use of any of the above contents.