Here is a post listing note on Bharat 22 ETF (BH22).
In this note, we continue from the 13th Nov Note - Bharat 22 ETF NFO Offer – A Balanced ETF
Subscription, Allotment Price and NFO details
- The BH22 is an open-ended index ETF which listed on 28th Nov, 2017. The investment objective is to provide returns like the S&P BSE Bharat 22 Index.
- The NFO received the highest subscription for any new fund offer (NFO) in the history of Indian MF industry. The ETF was subscribed about 4 times as the amount to be raised was Rs. 8,000 cr. and it received applications for around Rs. 32,000 cr. The NFO attracted 3.35 lakh retail investor applications.
- Due to the excellent response, the ETF issue size was raised to Rs. 14,500 cr. A NFO discount of 3% was offered to all investors including retail, retirement funds, QIBs and non-institutional investors.
- Retail investors who applied with Rs. 2,00,000 (Retail cap) were allotted 5,560 units at Rs. 35.97/unit (including the 3% discount). Retail applicants appear to have received 100% allotment this time.
- Currently the ETF is trading at Rs. 37.42 translating into a gain of 4.03%. This means any retail investor who applied for the max. allowable limit of Rs. 2,00,000 has notionally gained Rs. 8,060. This is because of the discount offered as well as an appreciation in the S&P BSE Bharat 22 Index.
- This ETF is set to create good value for the investor as profit making PSUs, PSUs undergoing reforms and private sector firms have been bundled together. ETFs are also advantageous in terms of management costs & liquidity. Also with the discounts given in BH22, we feel that this is a good long term buy for low risk equity investor and is comparable to the Balanced MFs.
- If you have missed out Bharat 22 ETF in the NFO, you can also BUY it from the open market.
- Investors can BUY with a 3 year perspective.
This document has been prepared by JainMatrix Investments Bangalore (JM), and is meant for use by the recipient only as information and is not for circulation. This document is not to be reported or copied or made available to others without prior permission of JM. It should not be considered or taken as an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any security. The information contained in this report has been obtained from sources that are considered to be reliable. However, JM has not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the same. Punit Jain discloses that he holds a position in BH22 ETF as a successful Retail applicant in NFO. He may also hold positions in some of the constituents of the ETF. Other than this JM has no known financial interests in BH22 ETF or constituent firms. Neither JM nor any of its affiliates, its directors or its employees accepts any responsibility of whatsoever nature for the information, statements and opinion given, made available or expressed herein or for any omission therein. Recipients of this report should be aware that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and value of investments can go down as well. The suitability or otherwise of any investments will depend upon the recipient’s particular circumstances and, in case of doubt, advice should be sought from an independent expert/advisor. Punit Jain is a registered Research Analyst and compliant with SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014. Any questions should be directed to the director of JainMatrix Investments at email@example.com .